Cigars/Fake or Not?

Seanzilla wrote at 2013-06-22 15:36:15
Well, you definitely got a Cuban cigar. Now, is it a "Cohiba" cigar? There are many factors.

Like any cigar manufacturer, there are "cut-outs." Kind of like the record-album days. However, with many of the top-branded Cuban manufacturers, there is a strict quality control; one of which is the bands.

Bands are pre-cut before application, and go through control about the size, color, spacing, etc. Once they are "acceptable," then they will be applied to the cigar. These companies will simply toss any/all bands that are not to standard.

Although Partagas has manufactured a certain type of cigar in their factory for Cohiba (now and in the past), I doubt they would have applied this label. Herein lies the mystery.

Odds are...it probably ISN'T a "real" Cohiba, but maybe just a cut-out of sorts. It could be the same tobacco, just sold at a cheap rate to the tourists.

Cohiba has always been about perfection. Short and simple. When you get their cigars, they are stringently quality checked before boxing. Because of their popularity, they are the most counterfeited cigars in the world.

The bottom line is...did you enjoy it? I hope so! :)

Cigars

James Yee