Cigars/Antique cigar info and appraisal

Question
Hello, Could give me the names of three appraisers who would give me a good appraisal of my box of cigars. They were found in my mother’s attic and were unopened. The tax stamp was still sealed and unbroken. My mom called the local newspaper and the editor came over took pictures and documented the find in the newspaper the following week.  Then, together they opened the box to see what was inside.  All 50 hand rolled cigars were still intact inside. There are colorful labels inside and outside the box. The brand name is Golden Star. The box also has “Caladad” on one side of the box, maybe this is a style or model of the cigars? The tax stamp is dated March 30th or 3rd, 1883. I would appreciate it if you could direct me on where to seek more info please. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Robert Langford  

Answer
Hi Robert,

That's a fantastic find! Caladad is most likely the name of that specific cigar model.  

To remain unbiased, I don't endorse specific online retailers and appraisers so what I suggest is that you check your local area for cigar shops/tobacconists that specialize in vintage cigars or any antique dealer that specializes in "tobacciana" and they should be able to appraise your cigars.  If not, they should be able to refer you to someone who can appraise your cigars locally.  Be sure to bring along any papers/documentation that came with the cigars including the article from the local newspaper as it can help the appraiser.  

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee