Cigars/Cohiba Siglo VI

Question
Hello James,

I recently acquired a box of Cohiba Siglo VI.  They are triple capped and appear to be real.  Just today someone told me that the font saying "Habana, Cuba" is incorrect and that my cigars are fakes.

I have found both a bold looking font and a non-bold looking font online.  Mine is not bold and the C in Cuba appears different than some I've seen online.

These taste, smell and feel legit, and are triple capped and beautiful looking... but now I'm nervous.  Assuming everything else with the cigar is ok, can you take a look at the band and tell me if the band is legit looking?

Thank you in advance.  Here is a link to a picture of the band.  http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/LeftBench/photo-1_zpsf2842386.jpg

Sincerely,

James

Answer
Hi James,

You're correct, the letter C in "Cuba" is different on your band. I've thoroughly checked several of my boxes (both older and recent production dates) and they do not have the same script print as your band. There has also been no news of Habanos altering the current Cohiba band so I believe that your band is counterfeit. HOWEVER, since you mentioned that the cigars smell great, taste great and has a beautiful triple cap, it's very possible that the cigars are genuine cigars stolen from the factories during the pre-packaging stage. The cigars are then packaged with stolen, counterfeited or recycled bands and boxes and sold on the black market. (I have several genuine Montecristo and Cohiba cigars that were smuggled out from the factories and then packaged in recycled boxes and counterfeit bands. This is a common black market activity in Cuba.)

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions,lease feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee