Cigars/Zippo lighter

Zippo lighter
Zippo lighter  
Zippo lighter
Zippo lighter  
QUESTION: I am trying to find out if my zippo lighter has any value. The label on the bottom of the case reads: model number 218 z, regular, black matte w /2. The lighter has been used in the past but is still in excellent condition with the original Zippo lettering in white with the red flame over the "I" still perfect on the face. My best guess as to its age is approximately 35 to 40 years old.The price sticker on the inside of the case reads: Zippo 10.50. I could also provide the barcode from the case if that would help.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

ANSWER: 10 to 20 years old
The price and that it has a barcode tells the story
Value $10.00
No great value for this lighter

Sorry about that...

QUESTION: Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate the time and effort you took to answer my question. I have only one additional comment; I know for a fact that I have had this lighter in my possession long before I moved to Florida, which is now over 28 years ago. I have no doubt that it has no real value, I don't win at lottery drawings either! However, I wonder if we're correct on the time frame.

Thanks again for the great service.

Hopefully you can read the code on the bottom -
Something like
An X or IV or VII=1991?
The bottom code is the dating on each lighter.

1986     II  
1987    III
1988     IV
1989      V
1990     VI  
1991    VII  
1992   VIII

Is this the mark?

M J Robbins

Retailer of cigars and acc. since 1979. Cigars - I've smoked most including Cubans. Humidors- Testing humidors all the time. Selling humidors for 30 years. Pipes - I imported Briar and Meerschaum also repaired them in the 1980's. Lighters- Zippo distributor 30 years, expert in repair of old and new lighters although I haven't repaired an antique lighter in 15 years. Repaired thousands of butane lighters.

30 years importing and selling retail and wholesale Pipes lighters,cigars and humidors. Designed and developed the only state of the art refirgerated mobile cigar humidor and the largest mobile cigar store in the USA. Repaired 50,000 pipes and lighters in the last 30 years. BR>

2 years Fullerton jr college