Cigars/Zippo Lighter

Question
This is a follow up to the Zippo questions you answered in the past several days. In checking on the stamping on the insert as you suggested, it appears there is a letter "J" followed by a single "\". This is right between the words "Zippo Mfg. Co. Bradford, Pa." and the words "Made in Zippo USA". After the word Zippo in the last line there is a circle with the small letter "R" inside. Does this help to date the lighter and possibly change it's value?

Thanks again.

Dick

Answer
1981
No it does not change the value
Still $10

It would have to be 1950's to be worth anything $20 to $40
1940's $100 or more

Mike

And J is the month so October 1981

so anyway -
Sorry it does not have a design on it sometimes the crazier the better.
I have a collection of a thousand Zippos.
I pulled out some duplicates in 2011 to sell to pay some bills. They were weird Indian designs from the 1990's. Kind of like ancient American Indian cave drawings on a Zippo. Original price around $20 and they went for $80 on Ebay!
The plain designs do not have much value though as collectibles.

Cigars

M J Robbins