Cigars/Partagas Serie D No.4

Question
Mr. Yee,

I recently purchased a box of Partagas Serie D No.4 from the El Corte Ingles tobacco shop (Seville, Spain). The cigars came in a pack of six, not five. It came in a box that I believe is doubling for a travel humidor, and can be zipped shut. There is a serial number engraved. The problem is that they were a gift for my father, and I don't want to ask him for the serial number on the chance that I'd have to go back and tell him that his beloved smokes were fakes. I haven't seen any sort of packaging like this anywhere on the internet. My professor (who has lived in Spain in the 70s) tells me not to worry - that the shop I bought them from is a licensed Habanos dealer - but I'm starting to wonder...did I get duped?

Answer
Hi Maxine,

I have heard of a Habanos travel humidor containing 6 cigars being sold in Spain (is the case made of leather?) but I don't have any information on it.  This product is not sold in Canada at all and I cannot find any information on it online.  I'm also not sure if this is the same product that you have.

I'm not familiar with that retailer in Spain but what you can do is contact Altadis and they will be able to confirm whether or not the cigar store is a reputable retailer.  Altadis SA is the ONLY authorized Habanos distributor of genuine Cuban cigars for the Spain region.  If the retailer is reputable, they will be supplied by Altadis.  You can also check with them whether or not the Partagas D4 travel humidor 6-pack is an official, regional cigar product.

Here is their contact info:

ALTADIS S.A.
(Distributor for Duty Free and Domestic Market in Spain, except Canary Islands)

Contact:
President: Mrs. Alison Cooper
General Director: Mr. Fernando Domínguez
Sales & Marketing Director Cigars Europe and International: Mr. Armando Arroyo

Address: Centro empresarial Cristalia. Vía de los Poblados, nº 3. Edificio 7/8; Plantas 4. 28033 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 360 9000
Fax: +34 91 360 9135
www.altadis.com

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee