Cigars/Storing Cuban Cigars

Question
Hi James,

I live in a warm climate where it is too hot to keep my humidor out during the summer months so I store it in the wine fridge.  I use Boveda packs inside the humidor and my cigars stay around 68/68.  My humidor is almost full, however, and I have recently acquired a couple of slip lid boxes of Cuban cigars. I was thinking that if I removed 5 or so cigars from each box I could simply put a Boveda pack or two in each cigar box and store them in the wine fridge.  Do you think that would work?  If I rotate the cigars every month or so do you think I can age them in this manner?  

Thanks for you input.

Answer
Hi John,

Yes, it's perfectly fine to store a boveda pack inside a box of cigars. However, to ensure proper humidity flow, you should leave the lid slightly open.  It's also important that you monitor your cigars closely every 1-2 days to make sure the close proximity of the boveda pack is not causing moisture damage to your cigars. If your cigars feel too soft, remove the boveda pack(s) immediately.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James  

Cigars

James Yee