Cigars/Cigars !

Question
James.  I have just discovered a box of "King Edward" Cigars ( 1948 ) from my late Father's Estate ! I have tried 2 of them ( previously sealed ) and they are 'Beautiful' !!  Are they 'worth' anything, or should I just 'Smoke-them' . . .  and 'Enjoy' ?  Keith Knowles Taylor. Royal Lytham & St.Annes. UK.

Answer
Hi Keith,

That's a nice find! If you prefer to smoke and enjoy your late father's cigars, you can but if you would like to know their value, I would suggest that you take the cigars to a local tobacconist or antique dealer that specializes in vintage cigars & tobacciana and they will be able to inspect the cigars and provide you with an appraisal value.  Unfortunately, I can't provide an appraisal value for you because I would need to visually inspect the cigars in person.

Considering the age of these cigars, I think you should definitely have the cigars appraised before smoking any more of them.

Once again, that's a great find!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee