Cigars/Cigar identification

Hello.  I've recently purchased an unopened, still sealed box of cigars from an estate sale and haven't been able to find any info on them. The wooden cigar box says "Placensia..Número Cinco..Camerun Seed Wrapper..contents 25 cigars made in Honduras." The seal is green and white and among several words has the date 1971.  Any information on these cigars would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Plasencia is one of if not the largest cigar manufacturer in Honduras. I'm not familiar with the particular box you have which makes me think it is either a private label or it is not a US market product. It isn't very old, the Plasencias have only been making cigars in Honduras for around 25 years. I don't believe the cigars you have are of any special value.

Hope this helps.  

Bill Finck Jr.

I'm a fourth generation cigar maker and have spent 25+ years operating our factory as well as a mail order cigar company. I belong to cigar manufacturers associations as well as retail cigar associations so I'm usually up to date with current events relating to cigars. I've smoked the majority of brands on the market and would be happy to share my opinions of them with you. Since I live in the U.S. I have very little experience with Cuban cigars, but other than that I know a least a little bit about almost every brand of cigars on the market.

In addition to growing up in and now managing our cigar factory for 25+ years, I've spent time in many factories in Honduras, Nicaragua, The Dominican Republic and Mexico. BR>
Cigar Association of America, Retail Tobacco Dealers Association

BS Texas A&M University