Cigars/Cigar shops near Holguin

Question
Hi James,

I am going to Cuba in a two weeks and will be staying at PRDO in Holguin. I would like to know where you recommend that I shop for cigars. I am interested in the both the popular (cohiba, monte's, partagas etc) and less popular brands. Ideally, I'd like to buy some singles at the beginning of the week to sample and a box or two to take home.

Any advice you have for this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Answer
Hi Dave,

The best places to buy cigars in Cuba are La Casa del Habanos shops. LCDH shops only carry genuine Cuban cigars as the stores are supplied by Habanos. There are several LCDH shops in Cuba including one in Holguin (Guardalavaca). You can also visit the La Cohiba Carocol store in the Plaza de la Marketa (Callejon del Mercado Club). Guardalavaca Hotel, Alantico Hotel and Los Brisas Villas hotels also have reputable cigar shops.  Both the Los Flamboyanes and Internacional shopping malls also have cigar shops.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee