Cigars/remington humidor

Question
I have a remington humidor that i purchased about a year ago, it is refrigerated unit with electronic humidification device built in. I set it at 70 & 70 but have allways had a problem with humidity too high, I change humidity to 65% and still have the same problem. These devices have a large water reservoir in the bottom with a fan. do you have any suggestions on these units, i keep having to open the door to allow the humidity to go down (it sometimes reaches 90%!!!)

Answer
Hi Thomas,

It seems that the humidifier may be obstructed inside your humidor and this can cause an excess buildup of high humidity localized in one area of your humidor. What you should do is ensure that your humidifier is not obstructed by any cigars, cigar boxes or humidor fixtures such as drawers, trays or shelving as this can prevent the fan from circulating humidity properly throughout your humidor. Also, please check to ensure that the fan is working properly.

It's very unusual that the humidity can reach as high as 90% so it's very possible that your humidifier is defective. In this case, you should contact the humidor manufacturer or retailer that you purchased your humidor from for servicing or troubleshooting of the unit.

I hope this helps!

James

Cigars

James Yee