Cigars/Humidifier placement

Question
Hi James,

After properly seasoning my humidor (125 count at 3/4 capacity) I noticed that my cigars closest to the humidfier are very moist and squishy.  The humidor that I have does not have a designated area to place the humidifier.  There is also a top shelf.  Where or how can I place the humidifier in my humidor so that does not continue to happen as there is minimal non obstructed space?

Thanks for the help!
Chad

Answer
Hi Chad,

Ideally, the humidifier should be placed in a centered location with an equal amount of cigars on either side of it. This will allow all your cigars to receive an equal flow of humidity.

If your cigars closest to the humidifier are too moist/squishy, be sure to rotate them periodically. Cigars closest to the humidifier should be replaced with cigars furthest from the humidifier. Top layer cigars should also be moved to the bottom layer. You should rotate your cigars every 2-3 months.

Alternatively, you can place your humidifier at one side of your humidor with all your cigars on the other side. Again, rotate your cigars periodically to ensure that all your cigars receive proper amount of humidity.

I hope this helps.  If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee