Cigars/Reas cigars

Question
I have a box of 25 reas petite corona.cigars in a sealed box with the cellophane cover still intact I bought them 25 years ago and have just found the at the back of a cupboard in my study. I no longer smoke can you give me any idea how I can perhaps sell them on .regards john

Answer
Hi John,

Selling vintage cigars is always tricky because not all cigars are in demand but providing your cigars and the box are in acceptable condition, you may be able to find someone who is interested in purchasing it. You can try taking your cigars to a tobacconist specializing in vintage cigars and they may be interested in purchasing your cigars or at least direct you to someone who is interested in them (or help you sell them on consignment). Alternatively, you may also want to consider selling your cigars online either through a self-auction website, cigar smoking message board (providing they allow forum members to advertise cigars for sale) and/or community "buy and sell" websites.

However, because the box is still sealed and has not been properly stored for many years, you may receive little to no offers for your cigars as their condition is unknown. In this case, you can either break the seal to allow potential customers to inspect the cigars or sell the sealed box of cigars "as is". Please note that breaking the seal may render your cigars worthless if the cigars are damaged by mold or tobacco beetles but can fetch a better price if the cigars are not damaged or deteriorated. Selling the sealed box "as is" will fetch a lower price as the condition of the cigars is unknown.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee