Cigars/cigars contamination from bacteria or fungus from humidfier

Now that I fixed the humidor and got a new humidifier, can I get the odor out of some of the cigars not directly exposed?

If some cigars smell weird you can do nothing.

Throw them out.

You must use a mold inhibitor. Most solutions available are 50/50 so use it every few months and distilled water inbetween.
Put in 2 Boveda packs to illiminate mold in a 50 cigar box. 4 boveda in a larger box with a shelve. 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.
Also if you keep the humidor in a cold place you need higher humidification like boveda 75% at 60 to 65 degrees average temp.
It is the warm summers that kill the cigars with mold though. Then you need 69% Boveda at 73 to 80 degrees average temp.
You put Boveda packs right on top of the cigars.

Also you must clean out the humidor completely to kill the bacteria - just pour some rubbing alcohol in the box and tip it around getting it everywhere. Wipe the top plus sides and dry. Leave it open in front of a fan for a few hours then start over. Put in the humidification device, the cigars and the Boveda on top of the cigars.

M J Robbins

Retailer of cigars and acc. since 1979. Cigars - I've smoked most including Cubans. Humidors- Testing humidors all the time. Selling humidors for 30 years. Pipes - I imported Briar and Meerschaum also repaired them in the 1980's. Lighters- Zippo distributor 30 years, expert in repair of old and new lighters although I haven't repaired an antique lighter in 15 years. Repaired thousands of butane lighters.

30 years importing and selling retail and wholesale Pipes lighters,cigars and humidors. Designed and developed the only state of the art refirgerated mobile cigar humidor and the largest mobile cigar store in the USA. Repaired 50,000 pipes and lighters in the last 30 years. BR>

2 years Fullerton jr college