Cigars/curing

Question
I used puridied water to wipe the inside of my humidor, and also submerged the humidifier in purified water also thinking it was distilled. I let the humidor dry out and the same with the humidifier. Are they ruind now? What do I do from here?

Answer
Hi Xavier,

No, you didn't ruin your humidor and humidifier. What you should do now is let your humidor and humidifier sit open for several days so they can thoroughly dry out. Once they have dried out, simply use 100% distilled water and repeat the seasoning process.

Purified water shouldn't leave any chemicals or residue behind that would affect your humidor and humidifier so don't worry, they are not ruined.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee