Cigars/Walk in humidor

Question
Walk in humidor
Walk in humidor  
Dear James,
I am building a walk in humidor 2.2m x2.6m x3m (hxwxd), the place used to be a bathroom so it is partly covered with ceramic tiles and partly with water resistant gips-carton. The walls and ceiling will be covered with Spanish cedar 10mm. I was planning to have humidifier (for 500-1000cft) and a thermoelectric cooler (300w), can you please advice anything more? Considering the price of Thermoelectric cooler, I have not decided yet. The ambient temperature goes sometime up to 28*C. Any suggestion will be appreciated,
Best Regards,
Toni Lika

Answer
Hi Toni,

Your construction plan is well thought out so I don't think there is anything I need to add. If your room can reach 28 degrees Celsius, you should definitely invest in a cooling unit. I would also suggest that you use either compact fluorescent or filtered LED lighting as any other type of lighting will increase the temperature of the room and affect your cigars.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee