Cigars/Royal Jamaica Gold - Original formulation (blend)

Question
Years ago I fell in love with the original formulation of the Royal Jamaica Gold (released in 2004?).  A few years after their release they reformulated the cigar ( for the worse,IMHO).  Is there any way to obtain some of the original cigars?  I would buy several boxes if I could find them.  Thanks

Answer
Frank,

Sorry, but as far as I know there are no original Royal Jamaica cigars available anywhere. These cigars were unique not only because they were made with Jamaican filler (which is relatively rare these days), but the cigars were made with bethune which added a very interesting sweetness to them. I just don;t know of another cigar that is very similar to the original.

Altadis USA owns the Royal Jamaica brand name but are not currently producing them. As you mentioned, the re-blended version was nothing like the originals and the brand never did very well.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cigars

Bill Finck Jr.