Cigars/Royal Jamaica Gold - Original formulation (blend)

Years ago I fell in love with the original formulation of the Royal Jamaica Gold (released in 2004?).  A few years after their release they reformulated the cigar ( for the worse,IMHO).  Is there any way to obtain some of the original cigars?  I would buy several boxes if I could find them.  Thanks

Sorry, but as far as I know there are no original Royal Jamaica cigars available anywhere. These cigars were unique not only because they were made with Jamaican filler (which is relatively rare these days), but the cigars were made with bethune which added a very interesting sweetness to them. I just don;t know of another cigar that is very similar to the original.

Altadis USA owns the Royal Jamaica brand name but are not currently producing them. As you mentioned, the re-blended version was nothing like the originals and the brand never did very well.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Bill Finck Jr.

I'm a fourth generation cigar maker and have spent 25+ years operating our factory as well as a mail order cigar company. I belong to cigar manufacturers associations as well as retail cigar associations so I'm usually up to date with current events relating to cigars. I've smoked the majority of brands on the market and would be happy to share my opinions of them with you. Since I live in the U.S. I have very little experience with Cuban cigars, but other than that I know a least a little bit about almost every brand of cigars on the market.

In addition to growing up in and now managing our cigar factory for 25+ years, I've spent time in many factories in Honduras, Nicaragua, The Dominican Republic and Mexico. BR>
Cigar Association of America, Retail Tobacco Dealers Association

BS Texas A&M University