Cigars/cohiba reservas

Question
QUESTION: Hello!

there is a well maintained box of cohiba reservas(jan. 2003), for sale here in Athens.

As I heard many negatives remarks-only one was positive!-I d like to ask you your opinion.

Cigars look nice, with the exception of the coronas especiales, these look pale.

Price is 850e.Thank you,  Yannis

ANSWER: Hello Yannis,

The Cohiba Reservas were initially considered over-priced and inconsistent in quality but if you can find a decent box that looks good, it's definitely worth the money considering the age it has now. I had a box of these cigars two years ago and they aged really well and tasted great.  

If you're a fan of Cohiba, I think they're definitely worth buying if they look good and are well aged.

I hope this helps! If you have anymore questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

reservas
reservas  
QUESTION: thanks a lot!

that helped, i think i will get them,i also send you a foto of the box.Aroma and taste wise these are medium ,complex grassy floral, how would you describe?

Yannis

Answer
Hi Yannis,

Those cigars look great! I've seen even more pale Reservas before so when you said the Coronas Especiales looked pale, I was expecting a lighter shade. The cigars in your picture have a nice, even colour with a slightly oily sheen from the age.

Taste wise, you are correct: Cohibas are medium-bodied with a smooth but typical Cuban grassy note.

James

Cigars

James Yee