Cigars/mold

Question
Hey James, it's been a while since I had a question. I've been stationed to Europe and back since the last time we chatted and now have a dedicated storage area for my European imported sticks (wink- wink).  Last night I found just a smidge of mold on the feet of my Bulivar gigantes, all ten .  I wiped them all lightly with a isopropyl and distilled water mix.  One I left untouched and smoked. It tasted wonderful-so maybe I caught them in time. If I want to age them more should I snip and inch off the foot/freeze'em/ or just roll the dice??  By the way I'm still keeping an eye out for your book!
THX in advance.
Rich.

Answer
Hi Richard,

It's nice to hear from you again. :)

I would say just roll with the dice. You really don't need to snip the cigar feet but you do need to keep an on them for the next two weeks or so in case any mold returns. You did treat the cigars properly with Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water so as long as the humidity level is ideal, the mold won't return but it's always best to monitor them closely for the next two weeks for any mold growth.

I hope this helps! As always, If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James  

Cigars

James Yee