Cigars/Humidor related

Question
Hi Jim,
I live in Hawaii and have an Aristocrat that holds about 40 boxes. It has two peltier cooling units which act to condense the moisture on the fins then into a drip tray and reservoir. It is very humid here and I still need several EverDry humidifiers to absorb moisture. However, the humidity in the unit reaches 70-72%, too high for me. I've tried pounds of beads and the buckets with beads that pull out water. Not my thing, too messy. I need to start by replacing the hard seal around the two doors to the cabinet and can't find them on the market. Do you have any tips on the door seals or other suggestions. Thanks for your input.
Al

Answer
Hi Al,

Do you mean the rubber seal?  Most carpentry, woodworking shops and do-it-yourself big-box hardware shops usually carry door and cabinet seals like that.  The name of the product varies depending on the manufacturer/retailer but they're often called rubber cord, silicone cord, rubber gasket, rubber moulding, rubber trim or door seal.  It's often sold by length and then you would cut to fit on your cabinet door(s).

If you're having trouble finding it in shops, a carpenter or woodworker may also be able to help you find or repair the seal.

I hope this helps.  If you have any more questions, please feel free to just ask and I will be happy to help.

James

Cigars

James Yee