Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/statute if limitations?


I live in new york state. When I was younger around 6th grade i had trouble going to school while I was young I was diagnosed with school phobia.  in high school they looked at every little reason to pick on every little reason to start with me. My grandfather had past away a year before so the year after to remeber his death my family went to his grave which is in another country. When we got back u.was told wha I was doing in school didnt I get the letter. In the second year they told me not to come back in middle of the school year.after that I went in to a tailspin and even though I had ocd tendencies before I developed heavy ocd after also I went in to a severe depression. When I was being thrown out my parents went to a docter to ask  for proof to show to the school what I am suffering from and because I personally didnt go to the doctor they just all out dismissed what the doctor had to say even though when I.was thrown out I was in a funk that prevented me from going to the doctor. So here I am at 24 just barely crawling out from my problems is their any action I can take?seeing how I was hampered from doing so all these years from my problems. (I went to private school /yeshiva I have ssdi)

Hello Ben,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I suggest that you retain an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of New York, and suggest you immediately explore the statute of limitations regarding any disability discrimination claim you may have.  The statute of limitations is basically a limit on the amount of time a person has to start a lawsuit.  If you are 24 years old now, and you are concerned about events that occurred back when you were about 11, you might be too late since 13 years have passed.

Once you find a practitioner to help you determine the viability of your claim(s) you may wish to file your suit if the law still permits you to do so.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.