Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/Help required.


Hello - Please not that Iam not asking for professional advise. I'm just asking on how to word the following:

In Court next week. Need help to write statement. How do I word this? Help!?
Hello. i'm in court next week. I need help to write a mini statement. How do I word it this:

I need to explain in writing that the respondent was to file a statement by 28 feb. I have had no statements to date from the respondent. I contacted the court on 04 March to request the respondents statement but the court says no statement received from the respondent.

this has resulted in me not preparing a statement. i was to file a statement by 09 march, but i could not do this cause of the above situation.

can some please please help me word it for me properly?

Thank you.

Hello Craig,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I don't practice law in your country, and I have no knowledge of preferred phrasing in your courts.  I suggest that you contact a local attorney, or solicitor, for particular help.  It seems to me that what you say is less important than when you say it, so since you are already one day late, get it done pronto.  In my state, pro se litigants are expected to conform to the rules, but judges often give them a little slack understanding that they don't understand the rules.  I don't know of any legal reason why anything you care to say in your post would be inappropriate to share in your own words with the judge, and I think it would be good to get that in to the court immediately.  

In my opinion, you don't need me to re-write your letter for you, you just need a ride to the courthouse.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]