Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/won my civil suit but person works under the table

Question
Thank you for reading my question. I was hit head on in a car accident and recieved over $154, 000.00 medical bills alone.  I sued the gentleman for 15, 000 and was granted it by the judge. Because the man was driving with no insurance After court the gentleman gave me information from his former employer.  I found out that he now works under the table and may receive social security.  I am in dekalb county ga. How can I go about getting my money if he works under the table? I am not sure if he has any property.

Answer
Hello Nicole,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

There are tools and professionals that can help enforce a judgment.  In my state, a judgment creditor can direct discovery requests to a judgment debtor to locate assets and income.  With that information, a judgment creditor can garnish wages, execute a bank levy or take other steps to satisfy the judgment.  If this is outside your skill set, retain an attorney in your area or a collection professional to assist you.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

Morgan Smith