You are here:

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/won my civil suit but person works under the table


Thank you for reading my question. I was hit head on in a car accident and recieved over $154, 000.00 medical bills alone.  I sued the gentleman for 15, 000 and was granted it by the judge. Because the man was driving with no insurance After court the gentleman gave me information from his former employer.  I found out that he now works under the table and may receive social security.  I am in dekalb county ga. How can I go about getting my money if he works under the table? I am not sure if he has any property.

Hello Nicole,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

There are tools and professionals that can help enforce a judgment.  In my state, a judgment creditor can direct discovery requests to a judgment debtor to locate assets and income.  With that information, a judgment creditor can garnish wages, execute a bank levy or take other steps to satisfy the judgment.  If this is outside your skill set, retain an attorney in your area or a collection professional to assist you.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]