Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/Cooperation

Question
QUESTION: Hello Mr. Morgan

Is it OK if I send an email to a company or an individual person who runs his/her own business on the Internet and ask them if we could cooperate? I would tell them how I could raise their profits in exchange for a small commission for me (success fee).

The thing is that I am an internet marketer and would like to tell them about a certain marketing strategy that they could implement and make some money.

I am just curious if it's OK from the legal point of view to send them such a message and ask about it?

Thanks

ANSWER: Hello Alex,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

Further, I am not licensed in your Country, and am accordingly not knowledgeable about your local laws.

In the U.S., the First Amendment of our Constitution guarantees us the right to free speech, and that is typically extended into the pursuit of happiness and private property to protect commercial speech.  Your proposed message to sell marketing consulting services would fit in that definition here.

I recommend that you share your proposed commercial message with an attorney licensed to practice in your area who can alert you to applicable laws that may affect the legal status of the message you contemplate.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

QUESTION: Hello Mr. Morgan

I was actually asking about the law in the US, not in my country. If it was about my country I wouldn't be writing to you :)

From your response I understand that it would be OK for me to send an email to some individual people running businesses online or to some online stores and offer them my services in exchange for a commission?

I understand that in the US each state has its own regulations, so it's not possible for you to give me an accurate answer.

Thanks

Answer
Hello again Alex,
The same conditions of my original response apply to this follow up.
Although each State (or Commonwealth depending where you are in the U.S.) has its own local laws, the U.S. Constitution applies nationwide.  So I abide my original response, and continue to suggest that you share your proposed commercial message with an attorney licensed to practice in each area who can alert you to applicable laws that may affect the legal status of the message you contemplate.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

Morgan Smith