Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/contractor


hi there about a year about we had a contractor come and re do our home and he did horrible. the fuse box is sparking outlets don't work. cabinets are falling off the walls. he didn't put trim left holes in the walls, ceilings and floors. and pretty much just did a horrible job and not what he was supposed to do. i was wondering if there is a cheap lawyer we could use to sue him and what else we could do against him so no one else has to go through what we are going through. our house is in shambles and almost uninhabitable.

Hello Autumn,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I suggest that you contact your local courthouse for help finding a lawyer in your price range.  Depending on the amount of damage, and your comfort level acting as your own advocate, you may be able to represent yourself.   Alternatively, you may find an an attorney who consult with consult with and will help you write your pleadings and other court documents so that you aren't completely on your own.

Depending on your state, you may have other resources to help yourself and others including the BBB, a state contractor licensing and/or recovery fund or other authorities not necessarily locked in to the court system.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law  

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]