Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/contractor

Question
hi there about a year about we had a contractor come and re do our home and he did horrible. the fuse box is sparking outlets don't work. cabinets are falling off the walls. he didn't put trim left holes in the walls, ceilings and floors. and pretty much just did a horrible job and not what he was supposed to do. i was wondering if there is a cheap lawyer we could use to sue him and what else we could do against him so no one else has to go through what we are going through. our house is in shambles and almost uninhabitable.

Answer
Hello Autumn,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I suggest that you contact your local courthouse for help finding a lawyer in your price range.  Depending on the amount of damage, and your comfort level acting as your own advocate, you may be able to represent yourself.   Alternatively, you may find an an attorney who consult with consult with and will help you write your pleadings and other court documents so that you aren't completely on your own.

Depending on your state, you may have other resources to help yourself and others including the BBB, a state contractor licensing and/or recovery fund or other authorities not necessarily locked in to the court system.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law  

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

Morgan Smith