Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/Medical


Hi I am over my grandfather right now. He is taking my family to court monthly just because he thinks it is funny and he has nothing better to do with his money. My grandma had dementia I moved in to help settle the problem because she was going to kill him. So I was forced to move in after I finished high school. I have many medical issues. He knows about this. Over the last 3 years he has harassed me hit me and made it unbearable to live their. My whole family had to move in because I got really sick and could not take care of either one of them anymore. We had to go to court we gave custody of her to him and left and moved back to our house. Now he wants to take us to court every month. I am disabled and he knew this. My question is if I can prove my condition gigot worse because of him can I sue him. I have tapes of him screaming and yelling and pushing people that could help me out in the long run. I also have recorded phone messages that can help to. What do you think.

Hello Sean,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I suggest that you contact your local courthouse for help finding a lawyer in your area to help you with a restraining order and/or a civil suit for assault and/or intentional infliction of emotional distress.  Preserve your tapes and all other evidence and cooperate with your attorney to work on getting some relief.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]