Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/Breach, Promissary.., foreclosure

Question
I have court today where after over a year my attys are still trying to get past a demurrer. The pleadings are nonsense, they go in circles w/various wrongs by WFHM and in the judges tentative ruling he dismissed w/o leave to amend. Today they have oral arguments and I don't have a chance unless the atty I have today admits he is new and taking over for the atty who wrote all pleadings but one. He's taking over b/c the atty who wrote the bad pleadings is currently suspended by the State Bar. I know I could probably get the atty later for violating the Bar's suspension but today I'm losing my home of 36yrs. I have no place to go due to bad credit and a perm disability.
Can you think of a way to get around this problem today while I'm still in my home? By the way, the bank did wrong me in several ways.

thx, MB

Answer
Hello MB,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I don't know what state you are in, but it seems to me rather common that a litigant ought not be penalized for the technical errors of the attorney, particularly when those errors are as great as you describe.

My suggestion is that within your case you alert the judge in writing that your attorney who drafted your pleadings has been suspended by the bar, and again request leave to amend.  If the judge doesn't grant that, you may have an opportunity to appeal.

I also suggest that you alert your new attorney to whatever "wrong" you believe the bank did, and make certain those work their way into your trial record somehow.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

Morgan Smith