Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/Regarding Land issue


Sir, My uncle Illegally transfered our Land on their name by doing Forgery. Its been 13 years. We filed a case in the court. My father used to go other state on work. Last year only we got to know it was illegally transfered. my quiries are
1. Police haven't come till now for verification. My neighbors say truth that my father goes on work but there r few other who support my uncle by saying false. will it lead to cancellation of our case?
2 Do we hope for the Justice?
3. If they might influence others what would we take further steps?
4.Any other ways? How can use RTI in this case?
5 Please suggest me the possible way. Justice Delayed is Justice Denied..

Greetings Prashanth,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I suggest you contact an attorney licensed in your area immediately to gather information and take appropriate actions.  Depending on your local laws, the span of 13 years may be a critical problem with your case.

1.  With regard to the police, in my practice in Minnesota, we have two different court systems: one for civil disputes and one for criminal justice.  In some circumstances, they may overlap.  For example, if two people are in a fight, and the bad guy punches the good guy in the nose, the good guy may be able to sue for money damages in civil court, and the police may also arrest the bad guy and charge him with a crime.  I have no knowledge as to whether this distinction applies in your area.  If your dispute occurred in Minnesota, I would tell you I would not expect the police to do anything in the civil case for theft of land.  The police may chose to investigate a crime, such as theft, and proceed with a criminal case. Whether or where your dad goes to work seems completely irrelevant to the issue of the propriety of the transfer of the land.

2.  I cannot give you advice or suggestions about what to hope for.  That sounds more like a personal or philosophical question.

3.  I think the steps you should take are to listen to your attorney's advice about how the laws work in your area and enthusiastically cooperate with recommendations to secure evidence that demonstrate a document was forged, etc.

4.  I do not understand this section of your submission.

5.  See 3 above.

I hope this helps, good luck to you and your family.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.