Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/The Elderly

Question
Hi Mr.Smith

Just found out two different insurance companies have been electronically deducting payments from my mom's saving.

I'm thinking she may have ok these transactions,not understanding what was doing. She don't remember giving her permission.

Can anything be done to get the money back.

Thanks,for your help. Pat

Answer
Greetings Pat,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

I suggest that you contact both companies, and ask for copies of the policies, and whatever signatures or authorizations they claim to have from your mother.  That should help you understand the facts better.  

It seems to me that if your mom authorized a purchase, the seller is not likely to let to ignore the debt.  Your could ask, and perhaps get somewhere under the circumstances.  Depending on the laws and rules in your state, and the amount of debts at issue, you may wish to examine having a guardian appointed over your mom's finances.  Check with your local courthouse, and find a lawyer licensed in your area to look at options like that.

I hope this helps, good luck to you and your mom.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

Morgan Smith