Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/FINDING TOP LAWYER


Jack Hall wrote at 2015-05-13 13:06:49
Hello Ken:

I read with interest your question about the neighbor with the noisy yard cleaning device -   There is no shortage of similar cases that have been litigated in the past that deal with this issue, for example, homeowners that have neighbors that use leave blowing machines because they don't want to use a rake - but I suspect your situation is even worse.    I had a case similar to this years ago when our clients were sued because they allegedly had a noisy pool cleaning machine.    It went all the way to trial.   In that case I actually felt bad for the other side -  that elderly couple just wanted to live in peace and quiet and our clients would not budge.

Speaking of your specific circumstance, I agree with Morgan that you will have a difficult time getting someone to take this kind of case on a contingency fee basis.      However, there is another way that you could get this before the courts without having to pay the thousands of dollars a lawyer would normally charge in a case like this.   From what I understand of your question, you need to get the court to enjoin (i.e., order an injunction) prohibiting or at least restricting your neighbors use of the noisemaking machine.   You are entitled by law to the peaceful enjoyment of the quiet of your home, but that is not without limitations, namely your neighbors right to use their premises as they see fit (within reasonable bounds).  

This would be much easier to talk about on the telephone.    You can call me anytime at area code nine one five    two six one -  three eight nine three.    I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.     

I have been on the allexperts site for years at Hall Bankruptcy Services in the bankruptcy and collections categories.   You can see my record there.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Jack Hall, J.D.



Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.