Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/FINDING TOP LAWYER

Question
Morgan Hi I have been trying to locate a Result oriented - take charge lawyer. I have a neighbor who uses a heavy loud bucket loader to clean his property, this is on weekends. I went to the town and it was a waste of time. Do I need to use a large leagal company or a small legal firm. I Have spent money in the past on other legal situations and was not happy with the outcome.  My question to you is how do I address this situation. How do I find a good lawyer,  are there lawyers who will get paid only if they get results. Please help me find the right lawyer.  Thank you Ken

Answer
Greetings KENNY,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

Addressing your last question first, I think you are looking for the term "contingency fee".  That's an arrangement where the attorney is paid, usually one third, out of your recovery.  Usually, that's a kind of payment structure available for personal injury type cases.  I don't know of any practitioners in my area that would deal with a nuisance neighbor on that basis, but you could include that in your search if it is important to you.

I don't see the size of the firm as a big issue generally, or in the kind of case you describe.  I'm at a very small firm, and obtain good results for my clients who have disputes with parties represented by much larger firms, including the government.

I suggest you search for lawyers with experience with civil litigation, including property related claims, and use the word "nuisance".  Ask your friends about attorneys in your area and shop around to get a qualified person to work with.

I hope this helps, good luck to you and your foundation.

Morgan Smith
SMITH & RAVER LLP
Minneapolis, Minnesota
http://smith-and-raver-llp.biz
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

Morgan Smith