Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)/college issue


Hello- And thank you for having this service. The thing is I have issue with a college I attended. I went to dental hygiene school in Boston ( was a transfer student), and we needed patients for clinic, as well as finishing all the requirements. I finished all of the necessary requirements, but the clinical instructors failed me on my last patient, ( she kept failing me a lot of times previously ) So I end up repeating clinic in the summer, and another instructors did not wish for me to pass, so I withdraw from the program. They were putting me down on purposely, and failing me on performance from left to right. My overall GPA is 3.319, but they did want me to succeed no matter how hard I tried. My guess is because I attended another hygiene school in NY, which did not work out and the school in Boston knew that about it. Now I have no degree, and have about 20 thousand dollars in loans. I already emailed the program director, and the president of the school but I received no answer. I believe the instructors purposely made me fail, and was wondering if I should take this to court and if I have a case?

Thank you so much,

I appreciate your help.

Greetings Elina,

Before I respond further to your question, I must make clear that I do not represent you, and cannot give you individual particularized legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by this email. For legal advice, you should hire your own attorney, and follow their advice. My role with AllExperts is limited to providing general information and suggestions for educational or general knowledge purposes. Before you take any action, consult with your own attorney.

Furthermore, I see by your question that you are in Massachussetts, and I do not practice in your State or Commonwealth.

In my State, our statutes provide for certain conditions and potential remedies pertaining to students attending State post-secondary education.  See MN. Stat. 135A - 137.  Also, materials like a school charter, a student handbook, etc. may create contractual or quasi-contractual rules and requirements to comply therewith that may be imposed on State as well as private institutions.

Without knowing more about your State, I can only suggest that you seek some advice from a licensed local attorney, and few a small amount of compensation that person should be able to confirm whether your State provides relief for your situation.

I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Morgan Smith
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Conciliation Court * Civil Litigation * Forfeitures * Construction * Family Law

Civil/Commercial Litigation (Lawsuits)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Morgan Smith


Civil litigation (contract claims, landlord-tenant actions, forfeiture suits, residential construction defect matters), Family law (divorce, custody modifications, child support modifications, and pre-nuptial agreement), new business start-ups, civil forfeiture, asset forfeiture. Please do not submit your question as Private. It is my policy not to answer Private questions from members of the public here on AllExperts; I reserve that function to my private clients. Although AllExperts permits me to change your questions from Private to Public, it is my policy not to do that. I encourage you to resubmit your question as a public question. Your public question has the potential to help others with similar concerns. I suggest that you use a pretend name and otherwise alter sensitive facts that make you inclined to treat your question as Private, and submit your question to me Publicly.


I've been practicing law in the State of Minnesota since 1995. I've worked in skyscraper firms, and now my own small firm in Minneapolis. Past answers from my earlier participation on AllExperts is posted at:

AllExperts, Yahoo Answers,

J.D. William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, MN

©2017 All rights reserved.