Civil Engineering/Expansion joint in tall building

Thanh Phuong wrote at 2011-07-08 07:07:19
Dear Khan,

I also have a problem on design a expansion joint in my project: there are 2 block, 1 block of 30 storey, 1 block of 4 storey. In my knowledge, I need to find the largest difference on displacement between two blocks, dont I? For that purpose I use analysis results to get those max displacements However the displacement resulted from seismic load in 4 storey block (fram structure without walls) is very hight. Then I wonder if the procedure of using Eurocode 8 to frame building can lead to unreasonable disp result?

Amin wrote at 2016-06-26 04:11:30
Dear sir/mam,

what is your refrence or what kind analysis do you have for 0.2 meter?

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan