Civil Engineering/2 way cantilever slab

slab resting on L beam. what is the support here for slab design??? simple support of fixed?? ( two way slab design)

Dear Ali
This is a 2 way slab you should suppose it as a one way slab behaving diagonally. The length to be considered for a cantilever slab is half the diagonal. Then you must distribute the reinforcement on the top of the slab in x and y direction. X an y direction reinforcement when  combined with Pythagoras (pantaloon) rule must be equal to the calculated diagonal reinforcement. Got it? Ask me if needed.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran