Civil Engineering/Dissertation theme slabs

Hi there,

In a short time I will be making my dissertation, and I would like to know if you a theme relating slabs that's interesting to study in the structures field, that has suficient material for a dissertation.

Much thanks for you opinion.

Dear Telmo

I suggest you to follow this subject:

Simplification and categorization of data gathered in  Plastic analysis of slabs. In this method you should use plastic hinges to predict the collapse mechanism of slabs. The energy method is the key of your investigations. This method is not new at all but the classification of data to make  this method simple to use for engineer may be your work to do.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran