Civil Engineering/Dissertation theme slabs

Question
Hi there,

In a short time I will be making my dissertation, and I would like to know if you a theme relating slabs that's interesting to study in the structures field, that has suficient material for a dissertation.

Much thanks for you opinion.

Answer
Dear Telmo

I suggest you to follow this subject:

Simplification and categorization of data gathered in  Plastic analysis of slabs. In this method you should use plastic hinges to predict the collapse mechanism of slabs. The energy method is the key of your investigations. This method is not new at all but the classification of data to make  this method simple to use for engineer may be your work to do.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi