Civil Engineering/Foundation

Question
Dear Sir,
If the pressure at the base is more than the B.C of soil so if I replace the exterior column with shear wall on all the four sides of the plot will it helps to control the pressure. Or there is any other way to control it. Thanks in advance

Answer
Hi Mohammad,

Yes, in principle if you spread the load from a column point load to a more distributed line load (under shear wall), or perhaps making the corner columns into an extended L-shape (and hence make the base area much bigger), then your applied pressure will decrease.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan