Civil Engineering/retrofitting

Question
QUESTION: how do we perform retrofitting of existing structures

ANSWER: Dear Deshmukh

You should perform analysis to estimate the actual strength of the existing building. Then you should find the weaknesses and the way you could compensate the weaknesses through technologies of retrofitting.

Don't hesitate to ask me further.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: How do we evaluate the seismic strength of an existing building

Answer
Dear Deshmukh

You must use as built drawings. If you don't have  access to as built drawings you must make drawings according to actual situation of the structure. After that you must calculate the actual strength of members according to drawings.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi