Civil Engineering/sap 2000

Question
Hi sir,
I need some information regarding application of loads in sap 2000. I cannot find the option to apply inclined loads. Also I want to ask can we design a model in sap using tapered sections and Hot Rolled section?
Thanx.

Answer
Dear Nouman

You can apply loads in 6 direction , X, Y, Z and rotation around X, Y , Z Then you shall decompose your loading in this 6 direction first and then apply them.

You can define whatever section you need in sap2000. For this reason you must have the geometry of the section in hand and  must go to define/section properties/frame section/add new properties. There you can define whatever you need.

Please try and let me know about your further problems.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi