Civil Engineering/slab design
I'd like to know how to design a slab in safe.
1. are we supposed to assign shells or membranes to the floor( assume a 6 story building with enough walls to get more than 80% of the earthquake# in Etabs?if shells, what are the modifiers?
2. how are we going to export the results to safe?# loads, loads and above or distortion)?
3. do we need to edit the safe file for the modifiers?
4. do we need to mesh the slab in safe or is it done automatically?
there is a matter of time for me in this, so that would be nice if you could answer me soon.
also, I am in Iran so if you could give me your number I can call you for further discussion.
1. Not very clear question , but you would assign slab properties . Usually it is not needed to use modifier different than 1. I have seldom used the modifiers other than one. Modifiers change the stiffness and properties of the finite element used. see also item 3
2. You should export your flour model in etabs to safe.f2k and the import it in safe. For foundation it is preferred to make a model in safe but you can use some tricks to do it through etabs. For instance you could model your structure with an extra flour and the to restrain the degrees of freedom.
3. Don't think about modifiers for now. You can modify stiffnesses in each direction according to your foundation properties. Suppose you want to model a one way slab. In this situation you can set the modifier for the corresponding moment as 0.
4.You can set safe to do meshing automatically. look it in run icon.
work: 021- 22221910