Civil Engineering/Sloped rcc slabs

Question
How do we determine minimum thickness of mono-slope reinforced concrete slab like staircase waist slab and pitched roof slabs. Is their any guideline provided in any code or book? Thanks.

Answer
Dear sf

The minimum thickness of slabs is governed by constructional limit and the maximum deflection allowed by codes of practice. You can look up ACI or BS for this purpose. I can give you a very rough criteria. The thickenss of slabs shal not be considered being lower than 1/20 to 1/15 of the spanning length of the slab. Slab span is the direction in which the load transfer is getting realized.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi