Civil Engineering/Sloped rcc slabs

How do we determine minimum thickness of mono-slope reinforced concrete slab like staircase waist slab and pitched roof slabs. Is their any guideline provided in any code or book? Thanks.

Dear sf

The minimum thickness of slabs is governed by constructional limit and the maximum deflection allowed by codes of practice. You can look up ACI or BS for this purpose. I can give you a very rough criteria. The thickenss of slabs shal not be considered being lower than 1/20 to 1/15 of the spanning length of the slab. Slab span is the direction in which the load transfer is getting realized.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran