Civil Engineering/Solved Examples

Rigid Frames
Rigid Frames  

Dual System
Dual System  
Hello Eng. Babak, I know this may seem weird... But I was wondering if you happen to have any reference that deals with lateral force distribution among rigid frames, based on shear rigidity GA?

Also any additional problems concerning earthquake force distribution in dual systems are of much help.

If site policy restricts posting any reference, i would appreciate you sending it on my mail "" or "", hope that's not too much.

Dear Mohammad

Usually the connection between systems are concerned to be rigid diaphragms. In sap2000 and etabs we make use of this option to control load distribution between systems, which is indeed  proportional to system stiffness.

Then tell me more about your very problem. I guess what you asked may be resolved by etabs and sap2000 finite element solution, but if this is not the right solution for you please let me know and help me to help you.

I prefer to discuss here but if you need you can contact me via :

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran