Civil Engineering/Eccentric loading on pile cap.

Osama wrote at 2014-01-15 14:48:42
Well , 1st of all: Why did u get the center of the piles group under the colmn center?

Assuming there is a strong reason to have the eccentricity, there 'll be an applied bending moment on the piles cap, in addition to to the vertical loads.

That 's generally ok, but then the loads in each & every pile must be calculated accurately.  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran