Civil Engineering/foundation design for steel bldg

Question
Sir,
Iam designing isolated foundation for steel bldg where DL+WIND LD is the critical combination.Can you please tell me the ultimate factor for this combination as per ACI AND BS CODES.
Secondly,to resist uplift vertical reaction due to wind, soil overburden load over the footing is considered apart from increasing the footing size,I would like to know wheater this soil ld to be considered in calculation for moment.

Regards

Sameer

Answer
Dear Sameer

Your problem cant be resolved in this short message. I reffer you to have a look at ACI and BS , because there are details in loading you must be aware.

Design of foundation under moment is possible I refer you to Bowles or any handbook in the related topic. For uplift design you must use either providing significant weight or using pile under the critical foundation.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi