Civil Engineering/plie foundation

Dear Sr,
Good Day!
I have a 2B+G+4 Building for Design and for this I need to provide piles all over the boundary of basement in the excavatanion.
Shall I get an idea to design the peripheral piles? Do I need to consider the earthquake forces? there are roads on three sides of the plot.Shall I get reference on the pile design example (especially the peripheral piles)thanx so much for your valuable time.

Dear Raviarjun

The principles For peripheral piles are not different, but usually the uplift action due to earthquake or wind is more critical and must be taken into consideration. Piles must be designed under worst loading situation as the structure itself. Earthquake loading is not exceptional if you are in a zone prone to earthquakes.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran