Civil Engineering/minimum reinforcement ratio

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir
I want to ask about the minimum reinforcement ratios in tied and Spiral column ,
is the minimum reinforcement ratio of 0.01 or 0.005
in ACI Code

ANSWER: Dear Shadi

According to ACI you should provide a minimum of 1% reinforcement in columns.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Dear Sir
what about 0.005 ?
what is the meaning of this sentenses which reported in ACI Code
" This phenomenon was emphasized in the report of ACI Committee 10510.26 and minimum reinforcement ratios of 0.01 and 0.005 were
recommended for spiral and tied columns, respectively "

Answer
Dear Shadi

That was a no formal and no obligatory result due to creep and shrinkage strains transferred to reiforcing bars, which has never been seen as code regulation. But I use them sometimes in  restricted situations where I need an engineering reference and support.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi