Civil Engineering/theory of structure

how can i determine structure is at equilibrium

Dear Yoannes

You have to make sure that the resultant of applied loads and reactions in 3 directions (X,Y, Z) is zero and also the moment with respect to 2 separate arbitrary point in 3 directions (X, Y,Z)but keep in mind that this is true only for determinate structures. For indeterminate structures you will need to check for compatibility which means you have to make sure that all the restrained degrees of freedom are restrained and no displacement is present under the whole loading.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran