Civil Engineering/Inspection Check List - ELS

Question
Dear Sir,

I am a young Civil Engineer working in Macao!
I work for contractor on a substructure package for an hotel.
We had drive all sheet piles into soil and excavate till the required levels to construct pile caps (which we are still doing) and we had installed, as well, the king post! So the Excavation and Lateral Support works are ongoing, but consultant ask me to prepare a checklist for the inspections!! Can you kindly help me to know what I should include on that? Or if for any chance you have one kind can you provide?

Thanks in advance, my best regards.

Answer
Dear Cesar

I am not expertised in this field but I try to use my general engineering knowledge to help you.

You would prepare a sheet containing the following items

1- level of excavation
2- type and quality of soil observed
3- amount of soil excavated ( either cumulative or in a definite cycle)
4- type and amount of sheet piles worked
5- wether the piles have approved test sheet or not
6- the displacement and force measured on the pile while performing
7- time needed to implant the pile
8- any problem observed when working
9- any thing else would be the specific of your project.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi