Civil Engineering/Engineering interview

I was wondering if i could possibly do an interview with an engineer about the following questions. Im taking a class in engineering design, here are the following questions for my IED class (Introduction to engineering design).
• What field of engineering are you currently employed in?

• What were the college requirements for you to become an engineer?

• How does continuing your education affect your job?

• What does your field of engineering do to change the world?

• Describe a specific job you were part of and how math and science were used to complete the project.

• If you had it to do over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?

• What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

•Is becoming en engineer hard?

•How many hours a week do you work?

• What are some of the benefits of being an engineer?

Field of Engineering:

If you could answer these questions that would be a great help!

Dear Charles

Here are my responses to your questions:

- I work in project management and project control team
- I needed to receive BS Degree in civil engineering which was in turn needed to pass 10 general units like history and literature and language 120 special units like mathematics, structural design or sewage design and so on and 10 expertise units like earthquake engineering or finite element method
- I found some of my problems in engineering resolved when I continued my education for Ms, because I continued my education in earthquake engineering
- To have a sustainable development in my country as part of the world it is essential to have reliable infrastructure under earthquake effects, this is an example of what can be effective regarding my job for the entire world
- I used bayesian inference which is a subjective method of probability calculation to judge about the expected completion time of the project I am involved in.
- I would program to better continue my educations and trainings.
- Never give up learning.
- It needs a special love to become a good engineer. Without love everything is hard to do.
- I work around 70 hours a week
- An engineer can construct and create which can fulfill the inherent desire of human to become a needed person, it is spiritual side of it. You can be creative to earn more an special money, which is the financial side of engineering.

Name: Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi
Business: Sinam Consulting Engineers, Tehran , Iran
Email :
Phone: 0098-2122221910     Mobile: 0098-9123877465

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran