Civil Engineering/Final Year thesis Project topics

A very good day sir.... sir please help me sir... i am doing final year civil engineering sir... i am so confused selecting project sir.... pls suggest me to do project in steel or concrete.. which one is very useful.. suggest any new topics and help to study sir...Thank you sir

Hi Rabiya,

If you had browsed all my past answers with keywords " final year project topic thesis subjects", you would have found lots of ideas.

Some topics I have listed previously are:

1. High strength concrete
2. Durability of concrete.
3. Optimisation of structures.
4. Punching shear in flat slabs.
5. Long term deflection of concrete beams/slabs.
6. Modern methods of construction.
7. Blast-proof buildings

If you are homing in to software/analysis and design of tall buildings, you could add:

1. Manual vs computerised FEA analysis
2. Effect of element size on output of FEA analysis 3. Second-order analysis effects for tall buildings.
4. Steel vs concrete for tall buildings.
5. Earthquake resistant buildings, etc  

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan

I can answer any questions to do with civil and structural engineering consultancy and construction industry in East Africa and the Middle East, and specifically with the analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures. My particular expertise is in the aseismic design and optimisation of tall buildings.

Employment history: 40 years in Construction and consultancy in the UK, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Africa, Somalia, Zambia, Austria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Doha and the U.A.E.

.Fellow of Institution of Structural Engineers (UK) .Fellow of Institution of Civil Engineers(UK) .Member of the Institution of Engineers, Kenya .Registered Engineer, ERB, Kenya .Member of the Architectural Association of Kenya (Engineers Chapter) .Chartered Engineer (UK)

•1984: International Conference on the Art and Practice of Structural Design, London •1994: 3rd Int. Kerensky Conference in Structural Engineering, Singapore •2008: International Conference on High-Rise Towers, Abu Dhabi •2013: IEK International Conference, Kisumu, Kenya

BSc, 1st Class Hons, in Building Engineering, University of Bath, UK MSc in Concrete Structures and Technology, University of London. Diploma of Imperial College, UK.

•Science Congress Special Award (for 2-seater Hovercraft - 1968) •Institution of Civil Engineers Award for outstanding performance at Bath University (1975) •Concrete Society Postgraduate study Bursary Award (1976) •Consular Representative for British High Commission, Nairobi. (1995 to 1998) •Examiner for Institution of Civil Engineers Professional Interviews, Nairobi. (1997 to 1998) •Branch Representative in Vienna for PI assessment for Inst. of Struct. Engrs. (1999 to 2010)