Civil Engineering/twiest due to gravity loading?

dear Mr Esmailzadeh
I have modeled a concrete building in ETABS.when i look at the. When i look at the plan view, the whole building is like twisted at 1 side. I understood that the twisting might due to the core wall eccentricity. But, i am only looking at dead load. Does it realistic if i got a twisting effect?

Dear Behzad

Yes when you load symmetrically on a non symmetric structure you will find non symmetric behavior the same effect when you load non symmetrically on a symmetric structure. Then for your case it is very likely that a twisting like behavior occurs.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran